Re: Octave 3.0.1 exits without a prompt, no error message

--- rmcd <rmcd1024@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> I am having a problem that I have seen reported
> before, but I didn't see a
> resolution. I have cygwin installs on two machines,
> both XP SP2. This
> problem occurs on one and not the other. I'm not
> even sure how to go about
> debugging this.
>
> The problem: I run octave from the command line, and
> it exits almost
> immediately without an error. From previous
> postings, here is what I've
> looked at:
>

> cygcheck /bin/octave.exe  returns
> d:\cygwin\bin/octave.exe

this is the expected output

$ cygcheck octave
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\octave.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\octave.exe
 -> C:\cygwin\bin\octave-3.0.1.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\octave-3.0.1.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygoctinterp.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygcruft.dll
      C:\cygwin\lib\lapack\cygblas.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
            C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
      C:\cygwin\lib\lapack\cyglapack.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygoctave.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygfftw3-3.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygreadline6.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygncurses-8.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cyghdf5-0.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll

> octave -V and octave -x return nothing
>
> echo $? returns 53
>
> I have tried setting the cygwin environment variable
> to TTY, NOTTY, and
> neither. (It is ntsec notty on the machine where
> octave runs successfully).
>
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling octave
> using setup.exe.
>
> Any suggestions for debugging this? I've attached my
> cygcheck.out. Thanks

attachment ?

Regards
Marco