Re: 2.573.2.3 setup on Vista Ultimate fails: cygintl-8.dll was not found

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Mark Molinari wrote:
Hello,

I discovered what the problem was.  I was trying to only download
using setup.exe to a different directory than I was using previously.
But since I already had Cygwin installed on my windows 2003 server, it
didn't download anything I had already installed.  I thought by
selecting "download only" and then selecting "install" (at the top of
the tree) for all packages, it would download everything to the new
directory.  But it just skipped over everything I already had
installed.  So when I tried to install on Vista over the network,
things were missing.

Thanks for the feedback. It's strange how similar problems get reported
in batches. I've just moved the "Did you use 'setup.exe' to create your
archive?" up a notch on my list of questions to ask at the start.
           ^
        question

Holliston, MA 01746