Re: SSH publickey problem, password works (Win 2003, OpenSSH_5.1p1, Cygwin DLL1.5.25 )

Just Me a écrit :
I've been fighting with SSH for a week now, I've read everything I can
google, it's finally time to ask for help.

I can ssh to any account using a password, no problem.  It bombs with a
cannot seteuid error in the event log when I use a keypair.

I had the same "symptoms" recently, I deleted all /etc/ssh_host_* files and did a "ssh-host-config -y" and discovered various permission problems on /var, /etc/passwd and /etc/group. This was on Windows XP.

What you can do is:

 - net stop sshd
 - cyrunsrv -R sshd
 - rm -f /etc/ssh_host_*
 - ssh-host-config -y => might display some useful error messages

I'm not familiar with sshd under Windows 2003 Server but this procedure fixes almost all my sshd issues with Windows XP.

Regards,

Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.