Re: Why is regedit referenced?

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM, John Sellers wrote:

> When I run Cygwin on my WindowsXP machine, my firewall informs me of regedit activity, searching, and text manipulation.  I have not located the source of this activity.

Regedit activity, or perhaps registry reads and writes,  happen when
you run virtually any application.  Even if you run cygwin apps, I'm
sure the registry is written to and read from. But afaik, not directly
from the cygwin apps but rather, from processes that call the Win32
API functions which in turn use the windows DLLs which in turn
read/write from/to the registry.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo