Re: Why is regedit referenced?

* John Sellers (Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:13:36 -0700)
> When I run Cygwin on my WindowsXP machine

You cannot "run" Cygwin. Cygwin is an environment and in essence a one-
file DLL. So what are you running?

> my firewall informs me of regedit activity, searching, and text
> manipulation.

Your "firewall" is supposed to block incoming or outgoing network
traffic. If your firewall does something it's not supposed to do then
uninstall it.

> I have not located the source of this activity.

Well, you should.

Thorsten