RE: ssh not found error

Shyam Sarkar wrote on 04 September 2008 18:52:

> Hello,
>
> I executed cygcheck -s -r -f > cygcheck.out (there is no -w option)

  That's "-v", not "-w", but never mind.

> and I am attaching cygcheck.out with this e-mail.
>
> Please suggest why it does not find ssh on my installation.

  It's simply not there, and looking at the list of installed packages, it's
very clear that despite your belief to the contrary, all packages were *not*
chosen on the package chooser page.  It has to be the case that you've
misunderstood what setup.exe is showing; if it just says "Default" next to the
package categories, that means "Install only the default packages from within
this category".

  You need to expand the displays and find openssh (probably easiest to click
the "View" button until it says "full", then it will be in alphabetical
order), and make sure that in the "New" column there is a version number
displayed, rather than "skip" or anything else.

  Oh, please do me one more favour: before replying on the list, please remove
the quotes from the old post, and in particular don't quote other people's
email addresses:

http://cygwin.com/acronyms#TOFU
http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PCYMTNQREAIYR

    cheers,