RE: All commands raise an exception

Phil Ten wrote on 03 September 2008 08:16:

> My cygwin configuration suddenly started to fail.

  Stop right there.  What did you install on your PC round about that time?
Hardware?  Software?  Security-related stuff like AV or firewall or
antispyware?  Logitech Webcam?

> I case it could help, I mention that I checked bash.exe with
> Dependecy Walker, it reports a missing DLL DWMAPI.DLL (dynamically
> loaded).

  No, delay load is actually a bit different.  It makes loading the DLL
optional, it's only pulled in at runtime if it's actually needed (when/if the
program tries to call it).

>  With the audit feature I checked if bash.exe was trying to access
> DWMAPI.DLL, it doesn't seem to be the case.

  Yeh, that's a false positive of some sort.  It's a DLL that exists only on
Vista, it's pulled in indirectly via the chain dwmapi.dll <- ieframe.dll <-
mshtml.dll <- shdocvw.dll <-shell32.dll <- setupapi.dll <- mprapi.dll <-
iphlpapi.dll <- dnsapi.dll <- netapi32.dll <- winsta.dll <- user32.dll <-
wintrust.dll <- advapi32.dll <- cygwin1.dll.  (boggle!  Note that the wintrust
<- advapi link is also delay-load, so probably none of this gets invoked
normally.)

    cheers,
      DaveK