All commands raise an exception

My cygwin configuration suddenly started to fail.
All commands raise an exception. I tried a complete reinstall
but all postinstall scripts are failing with exit code=128.
I guess it's related to bash.exe exceptions.
To workaround this install issue, I restored
the cygwin directory from a backup.

Attached showing exceptions:
- output of "strace bash"
- output of "strace pwd"
- output of "strace id"
- output of "strace ls"

cygcheck.out also attached

When I run cygcheck -svr I can read

garbled output from 'id' command - no uid= found
garbled output from 'id' command - no uid= found

but when I run id I get

C:\cygwin\bin>id
uid=1014(Administrator) gid=513(None) groups=544(Administrators),545(Users)

however "strace id" list an exception (output attached)

I case it could help, I mention that I checked bash.exe with
Dependecy Walker, it reports a missing DLL DWMAPI.DLL (dynamically loaded).
With the audit feature I checked if bash.exe was trying to access
DWMAPI.DLL, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Phil Ten