Re: opendir/readdir failure on non-Samba Unix-hosted remote volumess

On Tue, July 29, 2008 14:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 29 13:54, Sam Nelson wrote:
>> On Mon, July 28, 2008 13:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >   and right in front of the comment starting in line 1713 in
>> >   fhandler_disk_file.cc add
>> >
>> >     if (!NT_SUCCESS (status))
>> >       debug_printf ("NtQueryDirectoryFile failed, status %p, win32
>> error
>> > %lu",
>> > 		    status, RtlNtStatusToDosError (status));
>> >
>> >   Add the same lines preceeding the closing brace in line 1728.
>>
>> OK, did that.  With the `augmented' cygwin1.dll in place, my `strace ls'
>> now says (excerpted):

>>   934  239541 [main] ls 5132 fhandler_disk_file::readdir:
>> NtQueryDirectoryFile failed, status 0xC00000BB, win32 error 50
>>   526  240067 [main] ls 5132 fhandler_disk_file::readdir:
>> NtQueryDirectoryFile failed, status 0xC00000BB, win32 error 50
>
> That's weird.  None of the calls work and the status code is actually
> STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.  That's ... weird.  I have no idea what to think
> about this.  At least the FileBothDirectoryInformation info class is
> really old and exists since at least NT 4 times.

The `backstop' to all of this is that Cygwin talked successfully to TAS
until 1.5.19-4 was released.

> Here's a question:  Does TAS have a client side component?  Do you
> have to install a driver or something?  Or does it work transparently
> like Samba?

It's transparent.  It looks like a Windows fileserver, you map a drive
from it with a Windows domain, username, and password; it looks (mostly)
like a Windows fileserver.

> That might not change anything.  The problem here is to figure out what
> the underlying problem is and then how to workaround it.  I don't know
> how much time you want to invest, but if you want to, you will have to
> dig deeper:

I'll work my way down the list.

[snip useful list of pointers]

> - Still?  Then we're probably stuck if you can't get help from the
>   TAS guys.

I have tried, once or twice.  They weren't interested; I don't think
they'd heard of Cygwin at the time.

Thanks,
--
SAm.

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,