Re: use 'insmod' inside cygwin

rike_lin wrote:

> I'm a new member for cygwin. As I known, the cygwin is a unix-like shell
> environment for the windows platform. It might not include the function
> 'insmod'. Is it correct? Or, is it possible to use 'insmod' inside cygwin
> and how to do it?

`insmod` is the POSIX command to load a kernel module into the running
kernel. Cygwin is just a POSIX emulation layer on top of Windows, and
thus doesn't have a kernel. You can't load modules into a non-extant
kernel, so there's no reason to include `insmod`.

What are you trying to do that needs `insmod`? The only reason I can
think of that you'd need to load modules is for device drivers, and
Cygwin doesn't deal directly with hardware. If you want to access your
hardware from Cygwin, make sure it works on Windows. Cygwin can't do
antyhing Windows can't.