Re: DD over Netcat

Jwelch wrote:

> Ok, that makes sense but I don't have the /device directory. How do I create
> it so I can see it?

You are misinterpreting what is written on that page.  There is no need
to create anything, nor is there a need to know about anything under
\Device as that is the NT name not the POSIX name, and you're using
POSIX dd.  You simply use dd with the appropriate
/dev/sd<letter><number>.  You won't see them in ls but they are
nonetheless present and work, like all the devices listed on that page.

To find out the correct <letter>, look in the Logical Disk Manager
service (can be accessed by running diskmgmt.msc).  You will see each
logical drive listed as "Disk 0", "Disk 1", etc.  /dev/sda corresponds
to Disk 0, /dev/sdb to Disk 1, and so on.  /dev/sda is the whole drive,
/dev/sda1 is the first partition of the drive, and so on.

Brian