Re: Cron will not start jobs - cygwin/XP

Larry,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

my script is very simple:

#!/usr/bin/bash
echo `date` >> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/bruceb/datetime.txt

my cron.txt is also very simple
MAILTO=""
SHELL=/usr/bin/bash
0-59 * * * * cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/bruceb/datewrite.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

I can run the script 'datewrite.sh' from the command line with no problems.  I can see that the service 'cron' is installed and working in XP and that the service kicks off every minute...
however, there is never any output from the script to the output file 'datetime.txt'

ps -a shows cron running, logs are good. permissions to the script are 777 and the output file is set at 777.  Again, Windows service logs show the job kicking off every minute, but no output.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Bruce