BAD FILE MODE error

I'm setting up cron for cygwin on 7 servers.  I've done 2 servers with few problems, however, on the 3rd on I'm running into a problem in which cron processes do not run.  I've done a bit of research and I've found the problem to be the following in the cronbug.txt file:

/usr/sbin/cron: PID 4508: (lumcon) BAD FILE MODE (tabs/lumcon)

I've run all of the following commands without any errors (which solved the issue on my first 2 servers):

mkgroup -d -l > /etc/group
mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
mkpasswd -d -u lumcon >> /etc/passwd

Does anyone have any insight as to what this BAD FILE MODE problem is, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks!

Jonathan O'Leary
Systems Analyst/Banner Support
Harford Community College