Re: please help

On May 14 20:34, Dave Korn wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote on 14 May 2008 20:30:
>
> > I'm not exactly how you're managing to run the 'ls' you refer to
> > above on Windows but the message you're getting indicates
> > that you're not running Cygwin's 'ls' (and implies you're trying
> > to execute the Linux binary).
>

>   No!  That's ls saying "Can't find the file you named" because the glob
> failed, it's not windows' dynamic loader trying to play at being ld.so!
>
> ~ $ ls /lib/librt.so*
> ls: cannot access /lib/librt.so*: No such file or directory

And nobody wonders about the *.so filename?  There's no librt on Cygwin,
and even if there would be one, it would be called librt.a or librt.dll.a.

Note: Cygwin is not Linux.

Your problem is elsewhere.  Why does ls try to find /lib/librt.so* at all?
Is that a Makefile which is too Linux-centric, maybe?

Corinna

P.S.: A subject of "please help" and only a bare minimum of details are
not very helpful and especially not catching a lot of attention.
I encourage you to read http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Red Hat