Re: rxvt in native mode, widely spaced characters

Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZIOM1 wrote:

So my question is why does the default .../app-defaults/Rxvt specify
these useless fonts?  It didn't before, it seems to work nicely
without them, and breaks in the default settings with them.  So why
not toss them altogether?

Because they ARE included in the cygwin-xfree distribution (just not installed into the *windows* font area). So the provided defaults work great with rxvt in X mode, and look a LOT better than the *true* default for X mode, the 'fixed' font.

I've been meaning to change (downgrade) the app-defaults/Rxvt file to something that works okay with stock windows when using rxvt in native mode, even if it looks like crap in X mode -- the next time I make an rxvt package. So far, there hasn't been a reason (above and beyond this configuration issue) to do so.

--
Chuck