Re: Vista + cygwin basics

* Charles Wilson (Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:34:52 -0400)
> The other issue is related, I think.  I'm using keychain from my
> ~/.bashrc, so it should start an ssh-agent if none is running, and then
> save that PID to a file.  Then any new shell can check for the PID in
> that file, contact the exising ssh-agent, and continue.

I had exactly the same issue: in my .zshrc/.bashrc I run keychain if
there is also an ssh agent running under my account. I noticed that
under Vista I had to manually run keychain. The line in question is:

    pgrep -u $(id -un) ssh-agent && sshagent

where sshagent is
sshagent()
    { keychain id_dsa
      source ~/.keychain/$(uname -n)-sh;}

The problem was that "pgrep -u $(id -un) ssh-agent" didn't show my
running ssh agent although I could see it in ps.

The good news is that now it works (maybe with the Cygwin update from
last week?). Maybe it'll work for you, too, if you update.

Thorsten