Re: gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125) Internal compiler error

Dave Korn wrote:
Sorry, I've been ill.

  I saw your report.  It was exemplary, self-contained and complete.  In
particular thanks for sending the .ii file.

  Funnily enough, I can't reproduce it that way.  I can reproduce it on one
out of two machines, and only when compiling the original file.  Adding
--save-temps stops it from crashing also.  It appears to be caused by the
--output-pch option passed to cc1plus internally by the g++ driver.

  You might be able to use the --save-temps option as a workaround.  I'll
investigate the bug and see why it happens.  It might not be too much hassle
to issue a bugfix relese of the cygwin compiler package.

Thanks for your report - and your patience!
Thanks for the response. I'm glad to see that it's not just my system. I'll try the --save-temps work around. If there's anything at all that I can do to help, please let me know. I've become pretty dependent on cygwin, and would hate to have to go back to a real Linux box to get a working compiler. :-(

How's the 4.x port coming? Is there somewhere that I can download the gcc patches for cygwin and see how complicated it is? I assume that there's no hope of the 4.x branch compiling on cygwin without major surgery?

Cory