Re: build a GMPlib win32 dll with Cygwin

Sisyphus a écrit :

----- Original Message ----- From: "cyrille37" <cyrille37@gmail.com> To: <cygwin@cygwin.com> Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:36 PM Subject: build a GMPlib win32 dll with Cygwin

Hello,

I need to use GMPlib (gmplib.org) on windows xp.
After compiling GMP with cygwin, for runtime, should I need some cygwin dll
to use the GMP dll ?
Is there a solution to get only one dll with all in one ?

If I understand correctly, you could get what you want by either:
1) Building the GMP dll in the MSYS shell;
or
2) Building in Cygwin's shell, but as a cross-compilation for the i686-pc-mingw32 (native win32) host.
Thanks a lot Rob,
I think my mistake with Cygwin is that I did not set a host for cross-compilation.
I'll try again ;-)

Regards, Cyrille.

Either way, you'll end up with a GMP dll that does not need the cygwin dll.

I normally go with option 1).

Cheers,
Rob