Re: gmp/mpfr status

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Dessent" <brian@dessent.net>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: gmp/mpfr status

Bobby McNulty wrote:

I have been going nuts trying to get gmp 4.2.2 to work.
thanks for doing this, David. Much appreciated.

What in the world are you doing that's causing so much trouble? They always have built out of the box with default options just fine for me, including 2.3.1 and 4.2.2 which pass all checks.

Brian

It built fine. Installed. Got to build mpfr 2.31, and gmp 4.2.2 kept showing 4.2.1.
I did something wrong in installing it.
not sure where.
Waiting on Service pack 1 for Vista. See you guys later.
BTW Cygwin works great under Vista Home Premium.
All I did to install it under my semi-admin account was:
1 turn off UAC
2 rename setup.exe to foo
3 execute.
Takes me about 45 minutes it install from the net.
But with it downloaded, with Jari's programs, take 20 minutes from to install from hard drive.
With Vista, I made a 30 GB partition, and everything I download off the net goes there.
Including Cygwin.