installing openssh package does not appear to install sshd

I installed CYGWIN from home site (onto a machine, Win XP), and added the
appropriate packages (openssh, tcp_wrappers, zlib).  Cygwin appeared to
install fine, and I started up a Cygwin screen.

I then ran > net start sshd, and found the following error:

-----------------------
$ net start sshd
The service name is invalid

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185
-----------------------

Then ran the following:

-----------------------
$ net helpmsg 2185

The service name is invalid

EXPLANATION

You tried to start a service that is not configured on this system

ACTION

Check the spelling of the service name or check the configuration for
the service using the Services option from Server Manager

I did not find 'sshd' in the list of services.  Should it have installed
sshd?  Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks for your help,

Robert Amodeo
ra@math.ucla.edu

r^