Re: screwed Registry, versions, file format, keyboard, gs

On 03/08/2008, Andy Heath wrote:
2. My shell scripts don't work .. I tracked this down to something
that seems to have changed in the file formats, if I put the same
text in a new file its ok.  Doing OD on the files reveals some bytes
are different near the end of the files depending on whether I created
them after the update or before (created with vi).

Reading through the Cygwin announcements on the Cygwin announce list for
any recent bash would likely provide you some insight into this problem.
Sounds like the same old DOS-style line endings on a binary mount point
to me.  If you only want to "do something", you can try running your
scripts through 'd2u' and see if that solves the problem for you.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746