Re: Updated: clisp-2.44-1 for cygwin

Eric Blake schrieb:
According to Larry Hall (Cygwin) on 2/5/2008 8:42 PM:
|>      $ /usr/bin/clisp -norc -q -K full || echo $?
|>      53
|> No such error is returned for the base set of modules for either version
|> 2.43-2 or 2.44-1:
|>
|>      $ /usr/bin/clisp -q -norc -K base || echo $?
|>      [1]>_
|>
| Sounds like it could be a missing dependency problem.  Does 'cygcheck
| clisp' report any missing DLLs?

Yep.  Looking at the strace, -K full triggers the exec of
/lib/clisp-2.44/full/lisp.exe, which complains:
$ cygcheck /lib/clisp-2.44/full/lisp
c:\cygwin\lib/clisp-2.44/full/lisp.exe
Error: could not find cygpq5.dll

Yet:
$ cygcheck -p cygpq5
Found 0 matches for cygpq5.

So, what is cygpq5.dll, and has it ever been in the distribution?  At any
rate, it looks like clisp needs to be rebuilt to either provide this dll
or not link against it.

Oh my! Sorry for that.

I have explictly -lpq in my clisp full linker line, but my new postgresql-8.2 forward library /lib/libpq.a loads cygpq5.dll,
not cygpq.dll.

So I'll upload a new clisp-2.44-2 and fix my internal test packages for postgresql 8.2 and the new 8.3 to use the old name and do the dll versioning optional.
8.3 will be the new test postgresql package soon.
--
Reini Urban