Re: Memory leak problem reported with gfortran

Dave Korn wrote:
On 04 February 2008 22:25, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:25:27PM -0800, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
The test also appears very clean on Linux.  The gfortran library is
implemented in C.  I need to examine some dumps from the compiler and I
will get back with you off list if I don't spot the problem.
I am fairly certain that Corinna would want to keep any correspondence
on-list.

Also, in case it isn't clear, Cygwin malloc is just Doug Lea's version
of malloc v2.8.3 with very few changes.

cgf

Since I'm currently building gcc4 to check out some autogen-vs-fixinc changes, I'll build fortran as well and take a look at the testcase too. I'd guess that's it's probably a libgfortran problem, since it affects both cygwin *and* mingw, but I'll take a look at it under a debugger and see if I can help.

Thanks Dave,

I think it is in libgfortran as well. I am still hunting. I believe it is specific to internal units. In other words, writing to a character string. I eliminated all other IO operations from the test case and it fails on some sort of memory allocation.

Jerry