Re: Wish Setup would accept my Perl

"Michael Kairys" <kairys@comcast.net> wrote in message loom.20071207T213211-833@post.gmane.org">news:loom.20071207T213211-833@post.gmane.org...
As an aside, there seems to be something broken in my installation re. Tk (or
perhaps I'm missing something). If I run a script containing (only) "use Tk" I
get: Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/Tk/Tk.dll' for
module Tk: No such file or directory
at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

It was noted elsewhere in this thread that Cygwin Perl/Tk requires a running X server. I find this disappointing and, since I have no other need for an X server at present, even prohibitive; but I would like to know more about how to set this up. Where can I go to learn more about this? (I see there is a gmane.os.cygwin.perl group but it is not active..)