To: <noneofyourbus28@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: Perl is installed in /lib, but Config.pm indicates it is in /usr/local/lib

It looks like I misspoke slightly. I reviewed the "Config.pm" again and it
thinks it is installed in "/usr/lib". I don't even have a "lib" directory
under "usr" on a clean install of cygwin.

One of the lines in "Config.pm" is "archlibexp =>
'/usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin'"
Also "tclConfig.sh" has the line
"TCL_STUB_LIB_PATH='/usr/lib/libtclstub84.a'"

Just for clarification. I have a clean install of cygwin with the packages
necessary to attempt a build of rrdtool. "rrdtool" is the only software I
have that did not come from the cygwin setup. "Perl" and "TCL" can't find
several functions from the following packages: libartlgpl2, libpng12-devel &
libfreetype2-devel. If I only disable "TCL", I get the same "undefined
reference" errors from "PERL". The configure script finds the libraries
with no dificulty and if I attempt a build by disabling "TCL" and "PERL" it
works. The only way I can get "PERL" to be included is by using the option
"LINKTYPE=static", but I'm not sure of the consequences of that action.

Some of the errors are "undefined reference to `_art_vpath_add_point'",
"undefined reference to `_FT_Done_Glyph'" & "undefined reference to
`_png_create_write_struct'"

I tried copying the contents of the "/lib" directory to "/usr/lib" and
"/usr/local/lib" as an attempted workaround. This however did not solve the
problem. Even if this is a problem with "rrdtool", it doesn't explain the
"Config.pm" and "tclConfig.sh" files.

If I am wrong and this is a problem with "rrdtool", please let me know and I
will address it with them instead. I did try this with the latest version
1.2.26 and an older version 1.2.15 with the same results.

Attached is the output of the perl command line Robert sent.

I wish cygwin would use forums instead of a mailing list.

Thanks,
Etienne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Kiesling" <kiesling@earthlink.net>