Re: "collect2.exe has stopped working"

Sisyphus wrote:

> Vista breaks MinGW - and I think that's the issue you're facing here.
>
> Try upgrading to 3.4.5. Then unpack
> http://dessent.net/tmp/gcc-vista-3.4.5-20060117-1.tar.gz into your MinGW
> root directory. (That will overwrite the existing "problem" files.)
>
> I don't know that it's necessary to do the upgrade - but, since the patched
> files in the (above) tarball have been built for 3.4.5, it's probably the
> safest way to approach the problem.

Um, that particular problem (X_OK and _access()) is 100% irrelevant to
Cygwin's gcc because we don't use MSVCRT.DLL so changes in its
implementation have no effect.  So please don't go unpacking MinGW parts
on top of Cygwin parts, that's guaranteed to break things.

The gcc that ships with Cygwin should work just fine with Vista without
any patches.

Brian