Unable to run sshd as service in vista home basic

Hello,

I have been unable to start sshd as a service with a Vista Home Basic installation. It works fine for my Vista Premium install, and several XP Pro installations. Have you heard of any Vista Home Basic issues? I have installed cygwin as an administrator and use the supplied ssh-host-config script.

I receive several different errors, 1062 and 1069 being most common. I have tried with and without privilege separation. Running sshd -d - d -d -D indicates that /var/empty must be "owned by root and not group or world-writable" - as far as I can tell, ssh-host-config should have set those permissions correctly. Changing them myself with chmod or through Vista does not seem to fix the problem, although it is entirely possible that I have the wrong permissions set.

Thanks for any help,
Bing