Re: How to write directory address under Cygwin?

Hi,

Peter Hains wrote:
Renà Berber <r.berber <at> computer.org> writes:

Are you sure you need the directory path not the file path?

I actually need to specify a file within the directory. I wasn't aware that
would make a difference.

For the record, I do have read/write permission in the directory, and the
directory does exist!! I am executing the program within the ~/SuperHirn/make

you cannot define a directory in a C program like this. Take the home directory and then either move with individual 'cwd' calls to the target directory or you create at run-time with strcat the full path and then open the file.

directory and this is where the file I am specifying also resides. I do not know
for sure if this program evens runs under Cygwin, it was meant for UNIX/Linux,
I'm just trying to get it working.

Both described methods work under cygwin, any Unix I know, even Windows itself and FreeBSD.

I tried a few more iterations and nothing wants to work, very frustrating.

Any more suggestions? Install Linux in a dual boot system??

You do not need to do things like this just to open a file.

Erich