text file or database for cygcheck -p or Cygwin.com / search?

The cygcheck -p option is a great tool.

Although, I noticed today a number of problems in using it today along with the package search function at Cygwin.com.

I also rummaged around one of the mirror FTP sites to see if I could find a text file that was the logical equivalent of a single directory listing for all the directories *and* archives in the 'release/' directory. This must be the logical basis for both 'cygcheck -p' and the Cygwin search?

Note that setup.ini has insufficient detail about the "components" of a package for my purposes.

How do I get this listing or database without downloading all the archives and computing my own?

Thanks,

Lee

Lee D. Rothstein