RE: git on cygwin howto?

How does the core.autocrlf config setting interact with how the
repository is mounted?  If I mounted the repository binary, but set
core.autocrlf to translate lf to crlf, would my data files still
translate to crlf endings when I pull from a Linux repository to
Windows, while retaining lf endings when I pull the same repository to a
Linux box?

That is the functionality that I need.

Peter K.
 Peter Klavins                                              Datalon SrL
 klavins@netspace.net.au                   Viale Giuseppe Mazzini 114/A
 Mobile +39 339 801 4246 Fax +39 06 233 297 037     00195 Roma RM Italy