Re: sftp removing writable bit

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> I didn't imply that - by pure magic - any FTP client is also able to
> speak SFTP. By the way that's also true for FTPS, right?!

You may not have meant to imply that, but you said "you can use your
favorite FTP client" without any further qualification whatsoever.
Someone who read that who is not familiar with the distinction between
sftp and ftps would scratch their head trying to figure out why wget,
ncftp, or inetutils' ftp can't seem to do anything with a sftp URL.

Brian