Re: AllowUsers Help

mark2 wrote:
I just signed up for this forum

This is not a forum. It's a mailing list.

since it looks like there's quite a bit of
useful information on Cygwin here. I have already consulted the Cygwin
manual and searched this forum
(http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=12165&local=y&query=allowusers)
but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question.

Did you try: http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?wm=wrd&form=extended&m=all&s=D&ul=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%2F%25&q=AllowUsers http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cygwin+ssh+allowusers+site%3Acygwin.com&btnG=Search http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=cygwin+ssh+allowusers

In the directory cygwin/etc/defaults/etc,

"cygwin/etc"? Where is that? Did you mean /etc?

I added the AllowUsers setting
with Notepad in the ssh_config file but nothing happened.

Don't do that. Using Notepad to edit Cygwin config files is likely to break things unless you are using text-mode mounts (which themselves can break things). You are better off using Cygwin tools, e.g. 'vi'.

In the cygwin/etc directory, I added the AllowUsers setting.

I guess you mean 'in the file /etc/sshd_config'?

Since I'm somewhat new to Cygwin, I'm not sure what info is
relevant to include as I ask for help. I'm running Cygwin on a Windows XP
Home Edition computer. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Start here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

--
Matthew
When in doubt, duct tape!