Re: ssh-add cannot connect to authentication agent

From: Tim Beuman Subject: Re: ssh-add cannot connect to authentication agent
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:11:00 -0700

Haven't been able to nail it down that specific. I ended up modifying ssh-agent to run as a service under the SYSTEM account rather than as a background process under the user-account. It worked fine that way, even with McAfee but like I said, it required a modification of ssh-agent itself.

Tim

Hi All...

I've been using ssh-agent as a service for years, with no modifications. I started doing it because keychain was slow to start up and lost the keys on logout, whereas ssh-agent as a service keeps the keys until a reboot.

Attached are two scripts secret-agent-service and secret-agent-service-install are the scripts used for running ssh-agent as a service (one for each user that wants it). The sendchenv makes sure that the environment variables are up to date (if the service starts after the user logs in...have to love Microsoft).

HTH,

...Karl

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You?ll love Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507