Re: Trademark rights and copyright for "Cygwin" and logo.

"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> writes:

> ls-cygwin-2006@m-e-leypold.de wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> If I understand it right, Cygwin is trademark of redhat and the Cygwin
>> logo is copyright protected.
>

> <snip>
>

> You should probably take this discussion to cygwin-licensing list.

Ooops, yes thanks. I didn't realize that there is such a list -- and
if I had, I probably wouldn't have been sure, wether it is the right
list (after all I don't want to license cygwin as you can usually
license it for closed source distribution). But yes, I'll do that 1st
thing tomorrow.

Nonetheless I continue to be thankful for anybody's input (esp. if I
just missed a plainly visible and well known document on that topic
somewhere).

Regards -- Markus