Streaming media

Part of the reason I got this was to listen to streaming feeds from the
internet. Most of the time they're in the 8000 port range, and my office
firewall blocks them. After connecting to my home computer which is setup as
the proxy server, I can get to certain blocked sites (youtube, myspace etc)
but when I try to connect to the feeds they get stuck in a buffering loop
where they'll get up to about 80% then drop down to around 2%, and the
connection to the feed never completes.
?
My question is, is this normal behavior? Can certain streaming media not be
sent through the tunnel? If it can, can anyone give me some suggestions to
remedy this? Thanks
?
-Luie-