Re: Getting 'Bad file descriptor' error with 1.5.24-2

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:

> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL - wrapping would be nice
>
> > To: 'cygwin AT cygwin DOT com'
>              ^^^^      ^^^^^
>
> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR - raw emails munged
>
> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU - top-posting reformatted

Sorry for the bad formatting, etc.

> I'm not reproducing this here.  Do you have any rogue antivirus, webcam,
> or other buggy driver that might be interfering with normal cygwin
> operation?

No, in fact this machine just had the OS installed.  Nothing crazy but Cygwin
and a few compilers.  It has a copy of symantec coporate AV installed on it
(due to company policy) but it is always disabled.

> At worst, you could run the entire operation under strace, to
> see if that pinpoints which invocation of bash is failing on dup2.
Okay, I'll give that a shot when I have some time.  Maybe this will lead to a
smaller reproducible case.