Re: SVN not working correctly...

Leo28C wrote:

> Hello everyone! :-D
>
> Hey, I installed Cygwin with the following options:
>
> Devel: Install
> wget: (latest version)
>
> Now I'm trying to update a program (for coding the PSP) through SVN. The
> tutorial I'm reading
> (http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/c/lesson01.htm) says to execute
> the command 'svn update', however that gives me some errors:
>
> [quote]
> user@comp ~/psptoolchain
> $ svn update
> svn: Can't parse '.svn/dir-prop-base'
> svn: Malformed file
> [/quote]

Probably a line ending problem, which is common with svn and svn-tools that try
to be smart and use CR-LF on Windows.

I assume you installed whatever you have under ~/psptoolchain from an image
(.zip or .tar.gz file), if that is the case the solution would be to get rid of
that and re-install using Cygwin's svn or leave it and use a GUI for svn (as it
will probably use those line endings by default, but can be configured in many
ways).

You can check if that is the problem by looking at the file with `od -c
.svn/dir-prop-base` or something else that will show the line endings, like `vi
-b ...`

> I asked on a PSP coding form and they suggested to reinstall, so I tried

Yep, reinstall, reboot, reboot, reboot, and see if that helps... ;-)  Don't you
love all those "experts" posting to user groups?

I may be wrong, by the way.

--
René Berber