Re: ls: reading directory /cygdrive/c: No such file or directory

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
If I might venture a guess.  This is not a generic permission problem or
some sort of obvious bug in Cygwin, otherwise it should be reproducible
on my machine.  So the usual question applies here:  Are you running some
firewall-, anti-virus-, or Logitech web cam software?  See the mailing
list archives for how certain products interact badly with Cygwin.

You where sort of right. Some time ago I installed the Altiris Software Virtualization tool. "ls" works in all directories that are not used by Altiris. All directories that have an SVS layer don't work.

After some research I found this forum entry:
http://forums.altiris.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=34551&enterthread=y
which pointed me to
http://juice.altiris.com/node/102

My ProgramIgnoreList entry now looks like this:
[_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\NAVNT\rtvscan.exe
[_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec
Antivirus\rtvscan.exe
[_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe
C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe

But (similar to the forum entry) it does not work...

Does this information maybe help you to debug the problem so we can make
all cygwin tools work without adding them to the ProgramIgnoreList?

Best regards,

Mike

--
Michael Baierl