Re: how to use DNS or libc/minires.c in cygwin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Korn"
To: <cygwin>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:32 PM
Subject: RE: how to use DNS or libc/minires.c in cygwin

| On 20 December 2006 19:28, andy wang wrote:
|
| > Thanks Corinna and Pierre Humblet too!
| > Your works just make the life easier :-)
| >
| > I installed the minires package and tested a program previously posted
| > on this list around May from
| > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00301.html and got nothing
| > as the author did.
| >
| > I just want to ask the last question: if the minres support DNS SRV ?
|
|  YSHFRTT!
|
| http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00391.html

Sorry for not noticing these old e-mails and fixing the problem..
Could you repeat the experiment after creating (touching) /etc/resolv.conf
and report if you can get an srv record correctly?

[When that file exists, minires queries a DNS server directly. When it doesn't,
 minires queries the local Windows cache. Depending on the type, Windows
 returns either the original wireline data or structured data, which must then be
 translated back into wireline format :(  This step must be currently mishandled.]

Pierre