Windows Vista and CygWin

Please direct me if the following question has been answered - I searched the archives and did not find anything.

I recently converted my Windows XP box to Windows Vista.? I am beyond RC1.

I have tried multiple times to install Cygwin, never with success.

In short, here is the problems I've run into:
During initial install bash crashes with the following message:

Please close bash.exe
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
notify you if a solution is available.

I was tried an install with XWin and X toys which failed; the next time around I tried to install with default settings (no XWin).? The error pops up every time.? I can launch Cygwin after the install, but I basically get a user prompt with no path or resources.

The more packages I opt to install, the more times the error pops up.

Has anyone successfully installed Cygwin onto a Windows Vista box?? Are there any tips which can be provided for the less fortunate of us?

Thank you for your time and assistance!
Jeremy Harrison