Re: costly accurate link counts, Vista compat...(was Re: questions about excessive disk usage when doing tab completion)

Linda Walsh wrote:
Of course Cygwin is already faster than MS's own POSIX subsystem;
Such compatibility may be one reason why MS dropped future revisions
of their Interix (POSIX) subsystem support. I wonder if it even
runs on Vista? For that matter, anyone tried Cygwin to see if there are any compatibility issues for Cygwin on Vista?

Eh? That would be news to me. Last I heard it had become "SUA" (Services for UNIX-based Applications) and was a core component of Windows.

But it still sucks. :-)

--
Matthew
Only Joe suffers from schizophrenia. The rest of us enjoy it.