Hanging of sh.exe under cygwin

Hi all!

I have one very strange problem: I have a server executing long-playing
bash-script. And sometimes I suddenly find that server executes sh.exe
with some command from this script. And this sh.exe eats 50-100% of CPU
and hangs infinitely. When I execute the same command in the same
working directory in bash console, it works less than second and
returns. The strangest part of this that sometimes the command with
which sh hangs is in fact right part of a pipe in script. And it still
works while left part of pipe is already finished...
So I don't understand in this behaviour two things:
 - why this command is runned under sh.exe not bash.exe?
 - why is it hangs and eats 100% of CPU?

uname -a outputs this:
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 z103002 1.5.21(0.156/4/2) 2006-07-30 14:21 i686 Cygwin

Have somebody any ideas about what happens? If some additional
information about server is needed tell me what is exactly needed...

Best regards.
Pavel Ivanov