Re: cygserver errors

I do have all Cygwin packages on my PC.  I assume that I must specifically
"activate" syslogd?

But why?  If the same info is in now the Windows event log, what else
would be learned?

Thanks.

Lester

:Lester Ingber wrote:
:
:> In /etc/cygserver.conf I set
:> kern.log.syslog yes
:> and restarted the cygserver service.
:> I then started my startxwin.sh.
:>
:> I still have an empty /var/log/cygserver.log file, with the same
:> errors in Event Viewer -> Application.
:
:You need to install syslogd (part of inetutils) or syslog-ng, otherwise the messages will go to Windows event log.
:--
:René Berber