Re: Does 'ar' work with native MS Windows libs?

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 07:10:50AM -0700, Coatimundi wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:27:50PM -0700, Coatimundi wrote:
>>>I need to break open a library I created with Visual Studio and insert
>>>some objects also compiled with Visual Studio.
>>>
>>>Will Cygwin's ar command work for this task?
>>
>>Here's an idea: How about just *trying* it?
>>

>Well, that's a good idea.  I did that before posting and found different
>degrees of success with different libs.  Rather than potentially waste a
>lot of good people's time, I asked for and received a quick up/down
>indicator.  Thanks.

By not including the above information in your initial message and not
expounding on what is meant by "different degrees of success" you have
ended up not getting informed responses.

'ar' should operate on .lib files correctly.  If you have specific
problems then providing details would help you get non-speculative

cgf