Re: Mount does not show Samba files

Arun Biyani wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
See your cygcheck output:
I have a crontab task which generates a cygcheck.log file every night. I've just realized that
the cygcheck output of the cron task is quite different from when I run cygcheck as a user.
I apologize for this. I've attached a cygcheck.log that I just generated.

It would seem that your cron job is not actually generating this file
regularly.  The one you sent previously clearly said that you had 1.5.19-4
of the cygwin package installed.  You cannot have two versions installed.
So I presume that the cron entry to automatically generate this file hasn't
run since before you upgraded.  Since you would have had to stop the cron
(and any other service) to upgrade (without reboot at least), I can see
the possibility of you doing this and not restarting it again.  But that's
just speculation.

CYGWIN = 'nontsec'
I only see this for the cron task. I start cron by typing "cygrunsrv --start cron". Perhaps its
generated by cygrunsrv.

No. You apparently ran '/bin/cron-config' and answered "no" to the question:

Do you want the daemon to run with ntsec? (yes/no)

This must be set in your environment somewhere. Possibly this is introduced
by Altera tools Dave mentioned (thanks Dave). If you don't know why it's set,
find it and remove it. Alternatively, if you cannot find it for some
reason, at least unset it in your cygwin.bat file (assuming you start Cygwin
that way). This is a cheap hack though. You're better off removing the
setting for real.
[tmp$:554] echo $CYGWIN bash: CYGWIN: unbound variable
[tmp$:555] set | grep CYGWIN
[tmp$:556] cygcheck -srv | grep CYGWIN
Environment : CYGWIN="nontsec" ---- cron settings
Environment : CYGWIN="ntsec notraverse" ---- exim settings
Display name : CYGWIN syslogd
[tmp$:557]

Your cygcheck says you have cygwin package version 1.5.19-4. The current version is 1.5.21-2.
1831k 2006/07/30 C:\win\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                 "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2006/7/30 10:21
   Cygwin DLL version info:
       DLL version: 1.5.21
       DLL epoch: 19

The dll seems to be correct version.

Yes, I'd agree.

I think you're getting a conflicts between Altera and Cygwin. Removing Altera
is likely not the solution to the problem you see but it will avoid other/
future problems. The solution to your current problem is to regenerate your
passwd/group files, as Dave mentioned. At least this should work if your
user and the resource available are in the same domain.

I will remove Altera from the path and report back if it helps.

Great!

Holliston, MA 01746