Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:01:46PM -0400, Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
>PS First attempt of this email got kicked back because it had a text/
>html mime type alongside the text/plain.  Oh my god, that's the end of
>the world, let me tell you.  Can't your list server just strip the html
>version if you dislike html so much?  And even so, is HTML really so
>bad?  Wouldn't it be nice to have syntax-highlighted code samples?
>*actual* bold text instead of ASCII art highlights?  Real bullet-lists
>that word wrap properly?  <blockquote>-wrapped quotes instead of '>'
>indented messes?  Considering all of the mail programs I've used will
>automatically also send a plain text version for the luddites out
>there, and even so, last I checked even the console based mail readers
>(e.g.  pine) can parse HTML, so I don't see what the problem is here.
>*shrug* Annnnyway...

You're asking people for help.  Do you think the best way to get results
is to include a paragraph in your message complaining about how awful it
is that said people don't want to see your html mail?

Do you really think that littering a bug report with this type of thing
is a useful thing to do?  Do you think this somehow raises the
impression of your abilities for people who would be helping you?

Please just confine your reports to facts and save the histrionics for a
separate message where they can be safely ignored.

cgf