Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: singular-*-3.0.2-1

* factory, libfac updated for gcc 4.1.x
Are these usable with the current GCC (3.4.4) ?

Yes, I compiled the binaries only with curr Cygwin packages.

* new library: perron.lib ( perron_lib)
Are the .lib (a typical MS format) libraries (in /usr/share/Singular/LIB)
compatible with the format used by GCC (.a) ?

Actually they are plain text files. They are libraries which could be loaded in Singular and written in Singular syntax. So you can not use them with anything else, as far as I know. Singular provides its own language (C-like) similar to Matlab, Cocoa or Magma.

... Oliver