Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

> >I think your solution is well stated.  Does anyone know who was
> >maintaining the old patch to make, so that a discussion with that
> >person could be made more substantial on a technical level?
>
> And ^^^this^^^ is a perfect example of why this discussion is so
> frustrating.
>
> Does someone *really* have to tell you who was "maintaining the old
> patch"?  If you really need to be told this then you really don't have
> the right to an opinion on this subject at all since you clearly haven't
> been paying any attention.

I think you are all to knowledgable about cygwin and should step back
and think about people that use Cygwin as a black box and understand
absolutly nothing about it or it's development process. The frustration
you are expressing is understandable to me. However, with a little
managerial effort on your part, you could use your knowledge (if you so
choose) to help the rest of us organize a productive way to develop a
patch to the upstream make. I thought Corinna spoke very well on this
matter, and is why I even bothered responding to this list.

Bob Rossi