Re: Windows popup/message box?

Igor Peshansky schrieb:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Richard Foulk wrote:
Looking for a simple way to popup a message box on Windows via
a Perl script on a system with Cygwin.

Looking for portability, light weight, foolproof.  The `net send'
option doesn't seem very reliable or portable.

Hmm, I would also prefer Win32::GUI over Win32::API or more bloated packages.

Theoretically, it should be as simple as

	use Win32::GUI qw(MessageBox);
	MessageBox(0, "message", "title", 64);

However, the Win32::GUI module fails to load for me at the moment,
claiming the DLL is not found.  I have no time to investigate and create a
proper bug report, but if it works for you -- great.

Uh? Need not be very proper. Which dll? Which versions (perl and win32-gui)?

If you want portability, however, your best bet is to rely on something
that will be found on every system (which libwin32 isn't).

Compile it to an exe via par. This is completely independent then. -- Reini Urban http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/ http://helsinki.at/ http://spacemovie.mur.at/