Re: how to create static library in cygwin

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, cxf wrote:

> Hello, everyone:
>    I compile source files, create a dll file "cygtspi.dll" , an import file
> "libtspi.dll.a" and a link file "libtspi.la",How can I use the dll in
> windows(such as using the dll in VC). the "cygtspi.dll" seems depends on
> several cygwin's dll.

Well, of course -- you are compiling a Cygwin program.  If you want a pure
Win32 program, check out the MinGW project.  Cygwin's gcc provides a
pseudo-crosscompiler that will build MinGW executables when given the
-mno-cygwin option, but any questions about that mode should be addressed
to the MinGW lists.

>    Another question: How can I create the static library, So I can use
> the static library only( such that can import the static library in VC),
> not using the dll.

You create a static library the normal way -- using "ar".  But keep in
mind that if you create a static library targeted for Cygwin, it will
still depend on cygwin1.dll.  You can again use the MinGW mode (with the
corresponding redirection to the MinGW lists on any questions).
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/